Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yabba Dabba Doo!!

My best friend of several years asked if I could help her make halloween costumes for her, her boyfriend, and their son. They wanted to do Flinstones with the fake fur type of material. We didn't use a pattern because of how simple it was going to be. A shirt for her. A skirt for the little one. And a tunic kind of thing for the boyfriend. Overall, this project was very simple. I did the sewing and she attached the black triangle pieces for the decoration.

However... i did run into one snag. While sewing this material together it kept slipping against itself and causing the sides to be uneven. VERY frustrating. I asked my mom if she had any thoughts on how to remedy the slipping. She suggested I put something in between the right sides of the material so they wouldn't slip against each other anymore. I got tissue paper (you know the kind you put in gift bags) and sewed that into the seam. It worked out really well. It stopped the slipping and then when I was done it ripped right out like it was never there. Fantastic idea. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment