Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Its Been a Busy Month

I have to apologize for not posting anything in the last few weeks. June has been a very busy month for me. My job workload has picked up. I am nearing the end of my pregnancy (5 weeks left, hopefully less) and it has made it difficult to sit at my sewing machine for longer periods of time. It also makes it hard to scoot up close to the desk because my belly sticks WAY out the front.

BUT...

I am totally excited that I have some new projects on my table.

I will be starting on a purse project tonight. I am super scared to do it though. I have very limited material and the emotional value is immense. What is it made out of you ask?

Wait for it...

SEAL!

Yes thats right. Real seal hide. From Alaska. My grandmother got it like 50 years ago and kept it preserved. She recently sent it down here to Phoenix and asked that either my mom or I make something out of it. Since we don't want to cut or waste any of it, it looks like it will be a purse. I will definitely post pics. I am so scared but so excited to do it.


My best friend just announced recently that she is getting married also. Probably in the spring. So I will be working with her on the bridesmaid/wedding dresses. Makes me proud/happy that she might be wearing a dress that I make to her wedding. (And i'll be ok with it if she decides on a different dress, but this will be fun anyway). I have scraps of lots of different formal material so I am looking forward to learning how to deal with material I have not had the chance to work with yet.


And finally I also have a few things I am tinkering with, but nothing particularly excited about. I do promise to have pics up soon about the purse. I am hoping to finish that this weekend since it will be a long 3 day weekend! Hope to be very productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment