Saturday, June 5, 2010

Starting Out

This is totally new to me. I have never had a blog before. I know a lot of people that do, but never have myself. My mom recently started a blog for her sewing and quilting so I finally thought "Why not?". I am actually kind of excited about this because it will help me track my progression over time. I am also looking for feedback from other people as far as my designs, execution (i know its hard to tell in a picture), and anything else that you all might think of.

This blog is going to be about my progression as I go through the process of learning to sew and design clothing. Not everything that I make will be an original design by me. I am taking classes and making stuff at home that I buy and follow patterns for. But as I get more comfortable and take more classes you will see more altered patterns and original stuff by me. The plan is that if I have a sketch of something before I sew it that I will post both the original sketch and the finished product. I think it will be interesting to see how it translates from idea to application

I am always looking for new ideas, so if any of you out there in internet land have ideas for a design you would like to see sketched out/made let me know. I will do what I can to do either of those things and get them posted.

I am also completely open to making clothes for people. My only disclaimer at this point is that I am still learning. If you want me to make something for you drop me a note and we can talk about it and if I am comfortable enough to do it for you.

Here is to new experiences and having fun doing it!
*CHEERS!*

No comments:

Post a Comment