Saturday, August 28, 2010

Projects in the Queue

I am so excited! There are several projects that are in my sights right now. Although nothing is set in stone yet I am looking forward to everything. If some of them ended up not working out, thats fine. I am just happy people thought about me to present these to me in the first place.

(The order in which they are listed is not necessarily the order in which they are needing to be completed)

Project One:
My best friend is getting married either this spring or next spring. There is a possibility that I will be making the wedding dress and the 5 bridesmaid dresses. I am super excited about the idea. I will admit it is a little bit intimidating, but exciting nonetheless.

Project Two:
A coworker of mine has a daughter that goes to anime conventions and is into cosplay. I have been talking with my coworker and she has asked me if I might be able to make her daughter a costume. I think it will be fun. This would also be the first thing that I would get paid to do. YAY!

Project Three:
Another coworker has asked me if I will hem some pants and repair a torn pocket for him. This would also be a paying gig.

Project Four:
My aunt has been invited to a themed wedding. She needs a gypsy costume to go. Clothing is not her strong suit so she has asked me to help her make her costume.

Project Five:
A friend of mine has also contacted me about doing some tailoring/alterations for some costumes/clothes that he is using in a movie he is making.


These are all the outside projects for now. This doesn't count anything that I do for my own satisfaction. I am starting to get people to come to me for stuff. These are my first steps out into the world with my sewing. I am super excited for the potential ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment